DON QUIXOTE EXPERIENCE: TYPICAL LUNCH, WINDMILLS AND WINE TASTING!
Discover La Mancha, homeland of Don Quixote, Belmonte, Mota Del Cuervo and the village of El Toboso, where according to recent research Miguel de Cervantes was inspired by some of its neighbors to write the most famous novel of all times, “The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha”. We will visit the Castle of Belmonte (completely restored) and will know how was the life of a medieval knight, heroes of the stories that made Don Quixote go mad.
La Mancha is a land of great wines. We will make a stop along the way to visit the winery Mont Reaga in Monreal Del Llano. After a guided tour, we will enjoy a tasting of their best wines.
We will have lunch at a typical inn –“mesón”- at Mota del Cuervo. After lunchtime we will visit its famous windmills, who witnessed the battle of Don Quixote against the Giants of his imagination. In there is wind enough, we will see how the flour was traditionally made –“molienda”- from the wheat.
The tour will end at El Toboso, the village of Dulcinea, Don Quixote’s love interest. El Toboso houses the Cervantes Museum, which keeps hundreds of Don Quixote translated editions in almost all the languages in the World, together with a lot of copies of the great book signed by many international personalities from different countries and eras.
The House-Museum of Dulcinea Del Toboso faithfully replicates the home of a knight in times of Cervantes, as it would have been the house of Don Alonso Quijano “El Quixote”.From El Toboso we will return to Madrid, saying good-bye to an extraordinary journey in La Mancha, the land of Don Quixote.
- Air-conditioned motor coach and Bilingual Official guide
- Entrance to Belmonte Castle, Museum of Cervantes, House-Museum of Dulcinea del Toboso, Mota del Cuervo Windmills
- Guided Tour and Wine Tasting in Mont Reaga Winery
- Lunch in a typical Mesón in Mota del Cuervo
- Individual radioguided system
- Any other services not specified above.
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended.
Arrival point: The tour ends at at underground parking Plaza de Oriente, Level -2